Call for Book Chapters
Holistic Approaches for Sustainable Women's Health
From Preconception to Death
Dates and Deadlines
- Proposal Submission for locking the title: 31-12-2023
- Notification for Proposal Acceptance: 15-01-2024
- Full chapter/first draft submission: 15-02-2024
- Review points available to authors: 25-02-2024
- Revised/Final draft submission: 10-03-2024
- Final Acceptance/Rejection to authors: 15-03-2024
Last updated on 03-12-2023
Publisher AAP, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group
The editors of forthcoming book volume titled “Holistic Approaches for Sustainable Women’s Health: From Preconception to Death” under the book series titled “Innovations in Plant Science for Better Health: From Soil to Fork” are pleased to invite you and members of your working group to submit a chapter for this book, to be published by Taylor & Francis (Apple Academic Press Inc. – USA). The objective of this book is to offer global initiatives to promote women’s health that is directed at enhancing sexual and reproductive health. However, over the past few decades, there have been considerable changes in the worldwide burden of diseases. Non-communicable diseases (NCDs: particularly cardiovascular diseases, malignancies, respiratory diseases, diabetes, dementia, depression, and musculoskeletal disorders, etc.) currently account for most deaths and disabilities among women. Therefore, appropriate funding must be set aside for the prevention, management, and treatment of NCDs in women to enhance women’s health as effectively as possible. Such a strategy has the potential to lessen the impact of NCDs on women while simultaneously enhancing their sexual and reproductive health, which frequently has similar behavioral, biological, social, and cultural risk factors. In the past, men were the subjects of most of the medical research, and it was believed that women might also benefit from the outcomes of these studies. As a result, gender disparities in health and disease and sexual differences have long gone unrecognized or disregarded. Women are participating in research at a higher rate now, and there is evidence that there are clinically significant disparities between men and women in all aspects of health and diseases.
The overall objective of this book is to compile research findings/ achievements/ knowledge/ case studies from leading researchers who are focusing on the regulatory oversight background, female health issues and role of herbs/natural medicines and meditation in female health. We also highlight safety concerns, especially for Mamma cancer, Ovarian cancer, Vaginal health, PCOS and their herbal prescription medications. Finally, the measures necessary to female health related issues are also presented.
Table of Contents (but not limited to)
- Influences of Family Networks on the Well-being of Women
- Marital Relations and Their Impact on Women’s Health
- Utilization, Costs, and Access to Women’s Health Care Services
- Converging Frontiers: IoT, AI & ChatBat & ChatGPT in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Women’s Health Conditions
- Educating and outreach on female health
- Ethical considerations in Female health
- Breakthroughs in healthcare for females
- Music & aroma therapy for female health: Principles, methods and applications
- Internet of Music Therapy Things for management of female health
- Robotic surgery in females
- Machine learning model to detect ovarian cancer cells through image processing.
- Digital and preventive ecosystems for female health
- Contribution of embryonic stem cells into fetus development: Animal models
- Hyperthermia therapies for treatment of female cancer: History, Assessment, methods, Evaluation and success
- Benefits of doctor bush or wild leadwort in women health
- Benefits of Aloe vera in women Health
- Modalities for early detection of skin cancer in females
- Navigating Various Disease Conditions Affecting Women’s Health
Proposal Submission: Authors are requested to submit a formal proposal in our given template on or before 31 December, 2023. A chapter title needs to be confirmed before writing the full chapter. Authors are requested to download the sample Proposal below and type their own one within the same style and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Length Chapter Submission: All chapters should be submitted via email to Dr. Anamika Chauhan.
Note: There is no submission or acceptance fee for manuscripts submitted to this book. All manuscripts are accepted based on a double-blind peer review editorial process.
All proposals and full length chapters should be submitted via email to the concerned editor, Dr. Anamika Chauhan at email@example.com
- Click here to download Sample Proposal Template
- Click here for Sample Chapter
- Click here for Proposal Submission
The book will be published by Apple Academic Press and Co-published by CRC Press (A Taylor and Francis Group).
Terms and Conditions
- All the chapters should be in the strict page ranges of 20-50 or not more than 15,000 words.
- We follow number system of in-text citations and no other style will be entertained. References for each chapter will be limited, please avoid the unnecessary citations in the text. Please use the current references (from 2015 – 2022).
- Write your chapter in such a way that it represents the research scenario from the whole world and not specific to your own country based works.
- You can also put black and white/color clear figures/ diagrams/ flowcharts. Please use British English and we strongly advise to use a native English speaker to edit the text before submission.
- Scientific quality must be good enough and there should be no sorts of plagiarism, otherwise the chapter will be rejected right away.
- Authors will receive the galley proof of their chapter prior to final publication in order to avoid proofing/typesetting errors.
- The submitted book chapter must have a plagiarism index of less than 5%. and it is the responsibility of the authors to submit a plagiarism report along with the final manuscript.
- After the proposal is accepted, the corresponding author will receive the author pack. We expect to receive the full chapter before February 15, 2024 along with plagscan (<5%) & forms 5, 6, 8, 10. For manuscript, we require an e-copy of full chapter submitted in Microsoft word 2010. Let us know if you cannot meet this deadline.
- The full chapter will be written in US English only with no line numbering, a line spacing of 1.5, Times New Roman 11-point font size, margins top/bottom of 1”, margins left/right of 1.25”.
- A typical chapter will include the title, author(s) with affiliation/cell phone/ email & mailing address, abstract with <250 words, body of chapter, summary, keywords (<7 words: we use it for book index), references using numbering system (and in alphabetical order), list of abbreviations in the chapter, etc., any appendix (if necessary). All references must be cited in the text using numbering system.
- Tables and figures should be included in the text at right place just after their citation in main text.
- All figures and tables must be self-developed or modified (>75%) from original article or information collected from published articles, book chapters. No copyright images/tables/graphs should be used.
- As a book chapter, both comprehensive and systematic reviews are welcome.
Total similarity index of manuscript must be less than 5%: PLEASE DONOT USE COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS that have been published unless you have reprint permission from the original publisher. OPEN-SOURCE articles can be evaluated only in exceptional cases. Our publisher and we editors are against plagiarism. Such activity will only delay our publication. Use of such material without having the reprint permission is unethical and punishable under International Law and may carry the fine by the authorities. The manuscripts/chapters are subjected to plagiarism checking by antiplagiarism software at different levels.
Our team expects to work with you closely. We can assure you the best quality production. AAP takes care of all processes from editing to marketing at no charge to authors. There is no fee for inclusion of a chapter. All contributing authors will receive pdf copy of the volume that includes their chapter; and they can buy hard copy at discounted price.
Inquiries can be forwarded to
Megh R. Goyal, PhD, P.E., Editor-in-Chief
Senior Editor-in-Chief for AAP
Retired Faculty in Agric. and Biomedical Eng.,
University of Puerto Rico,
Mayagüez Campus, USA
Anamika Chauhan, PhD, Responsible Editor
Department of Home Science,
Chaman Lal Mahavidhyalya, Landhora Haridwar;
Uttarakhand – India
Dr. Junaid Ahmad Malik, PhD, Co-Editor
Lecturer, Department of Zoology,
Govt. Degree College Kulgam,
Kashmir (J&K), India