Call for Book Chapters
Sensors for Environmental Monitoring, Identification, and Assessment
Dates and Deadlines
- Proposal Submission for locking the title: October 22, 2023
- Notification Acceptance: November 5, 2023
- Full chapter/first draft submission: February 4, 2024
- Review points available to authors: April 7, 2024
- Revised/Final draft submission: May 19, 2024
- Final Acceptance/Rejection to authors: June 2, 2024
Last updated on 27-09-2023
Publisher IGI Global, Pennsylvania, United States
The editors of forthcoming book volume titled “Sensors for Environmental Monitoring, Identification, and Assessment” are pleased to invite you and members of your working group to submit a chapter for this book, to be published by IGI Global, USA. The objective of this book is to offer academia/ industries/technologists/researchers from environmentalists & engineers to advance their knowledge on the breadth and depth of this multifaceted field.
Air, water and soil contaminants have plagued our environment and different ecosystems have reached to a level of saturation and the sink is full with number of contaminants. It has not only created imbalance but health concerns to every individual by one or the other way. A large number of methods were tested by scholars to clean these ecosystems. However, still we are in infancy stage and much needs to be done in this regard. Most of the time the researchers are unaware about the type of pollutants and the damage they cause to these ecosystems. Environmental Sensors will play an important role to identify these pollutants and will help to access the damage caused to these ecosystems. This book will create a large impact to researchers and may engage them to look into the problems more seriously. This will also open new ways of research and will definitely make this planet a beautiful place to live in.
Recommended Topics (but not limited to)
• Environmental Sensors in extreme environments, scope and validity
• Indoor pollution sensors and efficacy
• Noise pollution and the sensors
• Technology of sensors, ways ahead
• Evaluation of an evanescent fiber optic chemical sensor for monitoring aqueous volatile organic compounds
• Chemical sensor arrays using new thin-film materials
• Hyperspectral imaging and multivariate data analysis for biological and biomedical applications
• Chemiresistor sensor package for real-time detection of volatile organic compounds in soil and groundwater
• Sensor development: Micro-analytical solutions for water monitoring applications
• Detection of soil pollutants by sensors
• Water pollutants and sensors in use
• Air sensors and their capability
• Sensors in the oceans, pollutant identifications and controversies
• Sensors for Waste Management • Limnology and the science of Biosensors
This book is intended to reach out a group of environmentalists, planners, researchers, industrialists and academics to study different sensors that will help us to recognize pollutants in varied ecosystems. This will help us to clean up contaminated ecosystems by following sustainable approach.
1. Environmentalists, planners, researchers, industrialists and academics of both developed and developing countries.
2. Students of Environmental Science, Agriculture Science, Economics, Water management, Soil Scientist, Physics and chemistry students, Nano technology students, biotechnology and Bioresources students etc.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before October 22, 2023, a chapter proposal of 1,000 to 2,000 words clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter. Authors will be notified by November 5, 2023 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines.Full chapters are expected to be submitted by February 4, 2024, and all interested authors must consult the guidelines for manuscript submissions at https://www.igi-global.com/publish/contributor-resources/before-you-write/ prior to submission. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
Note: There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to this book publication, Sensors for Environmental Monitoring, Identification, and Assessment. All manuscripts are accepted based on a double-blind peer review editorial process.
All proposals should be submitted through the eEditorial Discovery® online submission manager.
Note: There is no submission or acceptance fee for manuscripts submitted to this book. All manuscripts are accepted based on a double-blind peer review editorial process.
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), an international academic publisher of the “Information Science Reference” (formerly Idea Group Reference), “Medical Information Science Reference,” “Business Science Reference,” and “Engineering Science Reference” imprints. IGI Global specializes in publishing reference books, scholarly journals, and electronic databases featuring academic research on a variety of innovative topic areas including, but not limited to, education, social science, medicine and healthcare, business and management, information science and technology, engineering, public administration, library and information science, media and communication studies, and environmental science. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit https://www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2025.
Terms and Conditions
- All the chapters should be in the strict page ranges of 20-50 or not more than 15,000 words.
- We follow number system of in-text citations and no other style will be entertained. References for each chapter will be limited, please avoid the unnecessary citations in the text. Please use the current references (from 2015 – 2022).
- Write your chapter in such a way that it represents the research scenario from the whole world and not specific to your own country based works.
- You can also put black and white/color clear figures/ diagrams/ flowcharts. Please use British English and we strongly advise to use a native English speaker to edit the text before submission.
- Scientific quality must be good enough and there should be no sorts of plagiarism, otherwise the chapter will be rejected right away.
- Authors will receive the galley proof of their chapter prior to final publication in order to avoid proofing/typesetting errors.
- The submitted book chapter must have a plagiarism index of less than 15%. and it is the responsibility of the authors to submit a plagiarism report along with the final manuscript.
- The full chapter will be written in US English only with no line numbering, a line spacing of 1.5, Times New Roman 11-point font size, margins top/bottom of 1”, margins left/right of 1.25”.
- A typical chapter will include the title, author(s) with affiliation/cell phone/ email & mailing address, abstract with <250 words, body of chapter, summary, keywords (<7 words: we use it for book index), references using numbering system (and in alphabetical order), list of abbreviations in the chapter, etc., any appendix (if necessary). All references must be cited in the text using numbering system.
- Tables and figures should be included in the text at right place just after their citation in main text.
- All figures and tables must be self-developed or modified (>75%) from original article or information collected from published articles, book chapters. No copyright images/tables/graphs should be used.
- As a book chapter, both comprehensive and systematic reviews are welcome.
Total similarity index of manuscript must be less than 15%: PLEASE DONOT USE COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS that have been published unless you have reprint permission from the original publisher. OPEN-SOURCE articles can be evaluated only in exceptional cases. Our publisher and we editors are against plagiarism. Such activity will only delay our publication. Use of such material without having the reprint permission is unethical and punishable under International Law and may carry the fine by the authorities. The manuscripts/chapters are subjected to plagiarism checking by antiplagiarism software at different levels.
Our team expects to work with you closely. We can assure you the best quality production. IGI Global takes care of all processes from editing to marketing at no charge to authors. There is no fee for inclusion of a chapter. All contributing authors will receive pdf copy of the volume that includes their chapter; and they can buy hard copy at discounted price.
Inquiries can be forwarded to
Dr. Khursheed Ahmad Wani
Department of Environmental Science
Govt Degree College, Thindim Kreeri, Baramulla,